Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Casey Family Programs
Sr. Director, Organizational Development
Seattle, WA 98121 United States
Organizational Development Director
Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Sr. Director, Organizational Development (OD) is a senior organizational generalist responsible for assessing organizational capacity and implementing integrated learning solutions that optimize individual and organizational performance. The Sr. Director will have proven leadership and creative experience in talent management, learning and training systems, executive and leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, career development and organizational development within a mission driven and values oriented organization
While the Sr. Director role is operationally focused on oversight and systems that support professional development of all Casey staff, the role also requires strategic experience and thinking. The Sr. Director will leverage internal and external resources and technologies to provide the optimum blend of learning solutions and incorporates the latest trends in performance, learning and development practices that will support achievement of Casey’s mission.
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor’s degree along with 10 years of professional HR / Organizational Development experience is required. A history of progressively increasing responsibility in Organizational Development or Training also required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing professional staff that have organization wide advising and consultative responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience in assessing, designing, implementing and managing training and development programs required. Experience and knowledge in child welfare and/or other social services is preferred.
• Experience in strategy development, leading and negotiating multiple competing priorities, contract negotiation and monitoring, interfacing with senior leaders and working in teams is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of and experience in adult learning principles, consulting, and coaching required.
• The ideal candidate possesses strong abilities in the areas of collaboration, cross-cultural and multi-cultural understanding, consultation, organizational processes and analytical, creative, and problem-solving systems thinking. A balance of assertiveness and diplomacy is critical as well as effective listening skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with multiple teams of professionals.
• Requires the ability to apply innovative interventions to an ever changing workplace environment. Must be able to apply known and used practices, as well as new and evolving methodologies, to the needs of Casey. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to be an initiator of solutions, and be creative, adaptable, and effective in the practical application of all OD practices and methodologies. Must have the ability to adapt and implement applicable best practices to Casey’s culture, strategy, and mission.
• Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
• Up to 30% travel is required for meetings, field support, conferences, and events.
Terms & Conditions