Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
J.R. Simplot Company
Human Resources Administrator
Othello, WA 99344 United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a full-time Human Resources Administrator position open at our potato processing facility in Othello, WA.
The HR Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following HR programs: recruiting, salary administration, benefits administration, training, employee and labor relations, safety, and personnel research. Provides input for policy and procedure development. The individual in this position receives support and direction from the plant and corporate human resources teams.
- Consults with management and employees with respect to personnel policies, practices, and procedures in accordance with labor agreements when appropriate.
- Consults and assists in problem resolution related to human resource issues. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, and counsels managers and supervisors on disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Recruits and manages the selection process for all hourly and salaried positions. Conducts exit interviews and advises management of issues. Counsels employees regarding employment, education, and HR issues.
- Responsible for disability management programs. Oversees the administration of employee Transitional Return to Work, FMLA, and STD programs. Provides benefits orientation for all eligible employees. Resolves benefits issues with corporate office.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with HR regulations including AAP, EEO reporting, utilization reports, and Vet-100. Prepares the annual Affirmative Action plan as well as utilization and progress reports.
- Oversees employee record maintenance including increases, new hires, terminations, and all other job changes. Oversees annual service awards, United Way events, and other employee functions. Manages donation/public relations budget. Supports community relations and participates in local community functions and activities to enhance the company image in our local area.
- May supervise non-exempt employees. May act or make decisions in the absence of the HR Manager.
Education, training, experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and 5+ years related experience and/or training is required. PHR, SPHR, or other HR-related certifications are preferred.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the programs, laws, rules, and regulations related to assigned HR job responsibilities.
Located in the beautiful Columbia Basin area, Othello offers a wonderful moderate climate along with numerous parks and campgrounds. It is an outdoor recreational oasis with great fishing, biking, and hunting.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Terms & Conditions